Thursday, February 18, 2010

Interlude: A Note on the Players

I might have mentioned it earlier, but four of the players in this narrative are under 11 years old. The same age I was when I started playing D&D 30 years ago. I decided to keep their actual dialogue in and not change it to fit the tale. This may take some readers out of the story to have an elf say "Shut up, dummy" to another party member but it's truer to what happens. During the first session, Dimzad repeatedly referred to Mellion, played by his younger brother as "SMELL-ion". It doesn't get any better than that.
Also a note on the illustrations. I've purposefully tried to keep the drawings quick and a bit cartoony. It fits my vision of what I first drew feverishly on a my notebook many years ago.
Now back to the action!

1 comment:

  1. I like that you kept the original dialog. Sure we know it's the players' own dialog but it adds a sort of comedy to the whole thing in the same way that "Order of the Stick" or "Darth and Droids" do.

    ReplyDelete