Monday, November 14, 2011

Meanwhile, in the "Real" world

I was the perfect age when D&D hit the big time. For my 11th birthday I received the AD&D boxed set and a little something called the Official Advanced Dungeons and Dragons Coloring Book. I loved this box like a fat kid loves cake. I stayed up at night looking at it over and over. I didn't even have the guts to color in it, I didn't wan to mess it up.
Over 30 years later, there are still images in my head. A Bullette bursting through the ground, the party before the adventure. It has shaped how my D&D world is in my head.
Somewhere over the years through moves, etc it was lost to me.
But now, a wonderful gentleman over at Monster Brains has lovingly scanned in every page. I can print it off as many times as I want. My kids can color it. I can color it (now with photoshop).
At last, the internet was good for something.
aforementioned Bullette

3 comments:

  1. SWEET!!!! I _loved_ this book when I was young. And yes, I too had my D&D "world view" shaped by it's pages. THANK YOU for pointing me to this again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great to see pics from the D&D coloring book. I loved it when I was a kid. Any chance you have a link to the post you mentioned where the scans are? I looked all over the monsterbrains blog and couldn't find them! (I'd love to have them for coloring materials for my own kids!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. http://monsterbrains.blogspot.com/2011/10/greg-irons-advanced-dungeons-and.html

    ReplyDelete